Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Diwali Cookathon - Besan Ladoos

I have started my diwali cookathon by making my favorite besan ladoos. Diwali preparation is never complete without ladoos (besan/rawa/coconut). My pammi maushi in Pune, makes the best ever besan ladoos (and I have to mention that my mom makes the best rawa ladoos). This is my slightly heathier version(!). These ladoos will stay fresh for a week or so in the refrigerator. Nuke them for 5-10 sec in the microwave before serving.


Besan Ladoos

Ingredients

1/2 cup unsalted butter or ghee
2 cup besan
1 tsp crushed cardamon
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
pinch of safron
1 tbsp raisin soaked in 1/4 cup hot water

Over low heat, fry the besan for 15-20 mins till the color changes slightly. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Add the besan, little at a time, making sure there are no besan balls. Add the sugars, saffron and cardamon and continue heating over low heat for 10 mins. The mix at this stage should be dry. Add the raisins and water. Stir till the mix forms a ball and does not stick to the sides of the pan. Add tsps of water till you get this consistency. Roll into balls while the mix is still hot.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am goona make these too. arent they divine. Hmmm, cookathon!! So I assume there will be more. Bring them on. Thank you for participating and see you at the round up

 
At Sunday, October 22, 2006 10:20:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Visiting from JFi roundup.Hey, I like your kulfi recipe, my favourite! Thanks for sharing

 
At Sunday, October 22, 2006 1:10:00 PM, Blogger FH said...

Beautiful entry to Jihva!!

Happy Diwali!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home