Thursday, September 07, 2006

Beans, veggies and pasta soup

August and September are tomato months in our house. Tomatoes, tomatoes and tomatoes everywhere. Those of you who have tomato plants in your vegetable garden probably know what I mean. I was searching for a recipe where I could use tomatoes from our vegetable garden. This recipe is from my mommie group friend (thanks, Tripti!).


Beans, veggies and pasta soup




Ingredients

1 can garbanzo beans, drained and washed (or any other beans)
1 cup zucchini, diced (zucchini in the soup is from our veggie garden)
1 small potato, diced
1 cup baby carrots
1 cup rotini pasta (use your favorite)
2 large tomatoes, chopped (tomatoes in the soup are from our veggie garden)
2 tsps olive oil
1 tbsp garlic, crushed or grated
1 tbsp dried basil
2 tsp black pepper
Salt
2 cups water or broth

Heat olive oil in a sauce pan. Add the garlic, tomatoes, basil and black pepper. Cook till tomatoes are tender. Add rest of the ingredients and water. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on medium heat for an hour or so.

I still have tons of tomatoes on my counter top. Please email/post your tomato recipes here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home