Saturday, June 17, 2006

Kale with beans

I made kale with beans last weekend. This was the first time that I ever ate kale! The recipe uses mild masalas and I added beans because I am not too fond of greens on their own :D

Kale with beans





Ingredients


1 bunch of Kale, cleaned and chopped
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp cumin/jeera seeds
1 tsp garam masala
2 red chilies
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp grated garlic
1 chopped tomato
1 tbsp oil
2 cups cooked beans (I used kidney beans and black-eyed peas)
Salt

Heat oil and add the cumin seeds and red chilies. Add the kale and cook covered on low heat till the kale is cooked. Add all the above masalas and grated ginger and garlic. Add the beans, tomato and salt. Cook on low heat for 10 mins.

I soaked the beans overnight and steam cooked them in a pressure cooker with a little salt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home