Monday, June 12, 2006

Kaleless / Chayote and Radish Sabzi

Pronunciation: Kale less
Function: Vegetable

1. Clueless about kale

I picked up a bunch of Kale while grocery shopping on Saturday. Plan to tackle it for today'’s dinner. I have never cooked it before but I read in one of my mommie magazines that kale is a supper veggie. Got to try it out.

I also picked up chayote and radish. Made a quick and simple sabzi with the chayote for Sunday'’s dinner. The chayote plus radish got the stamp of approval from my toddler.




Sunday's dinner: Rice, Chayote and radish sabzi & Shrimp and green peppers sabzi




Chayote and Radish sabzi




Ingredients

2 chayotes chopped
5 round radishes finely chopped
2 red chilies
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp grated garlic
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1 tbs cummin/jeera seeds
1 tbsp oil
1 cup water
Salt


Heat oil. Add the cummin seeds and red chilies. When the chilies turn dark add all the other ingredients. Simmer on low heat till the chayote is cooked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home